Our quality standard
In order to be a Quality article and presented to the visitors by default, each submitted article should:
- Be concise, complete and easy to read.
- Follow defined formatting to ensure a consistent and professional look and feel.
- Put the article in the right namespace, so that search and other extensions work properly.
- Properly use the standard templates.
- Correctly categorize and tag the article in order that:
- Visitors can find it, and
- Maintenance tasks are simplified to Wiki team.
- Avoid writing your own overview pages. Navigation happens only over inline links directly to articles or portals.
- Make sure that your writing:
- is your original text, or
- that you have permission from original author to use his/her work, or
- the text complies with the licenses used in this project.
For a quick start, you can look at the existing pages for example of wiki markups, or see the following very basic explanation.
Edit a existing page
To start editing a page's section, click on the edit button on the right side of that section. Or, to edit the entire page click on "Edit" near the top of the page, between "Discussion" and "History". The section or page will be presented in an edit field were you make your changes.
Save your edits
Below the edit field are three buttons: Save page and Show preview and Show changes. Use Show preview to check your changes before submitting with Save page. It is good to enter a short summary of changes. Clicking on "Cancel" will revert to the original, and delete all edits made since the last save.
Create a new page
To create a new page you have to put a link like [[Somepage]] to your desired page on an existing page and click on it. Links to nonexistent pages are indicated as a "red link".
Adding an image
Images can increase the clarity of an idea better than text alone. To add an image simply link to it with [[File:Someimage.jpg]], save the page, click on the red link and use the Upload file form to upload the image.